A New Way to Experience the Dentist’s Office
Do you hate going to the dentist? One out of four Americans feel stressed or anxious in the typical dental environment. Some of us have dental anxiety, memories of stressful dental experiences, a strong gag reflex, sensitive teeth, or a dental phobia. Sometimes, a sore neck or back problems make sitting in a dentist chair profoundly uncomfortable. And during lengthy dental procedures, even the most tolerant among us start squirming after an hour or two in a dentist chair.
If you have any of these conditions, sedation dentistry is for you. Boulder sedation dentist Dr. Gordon West has a sedation dentistry program helps patients to relax, receive the best treatment, and enjoy a more pain-free recovery. Many people with dental anxiety or phobias put off going to the dentist for years, which can lead to severe dental problems such as major tooth decay, tooth loss, infections, root canals, chronic bad breath, and gum disease. As a sedation dentist in Lafayette CO, Dr. West brings patients into a comfortable, relaxing environment. Using a combination of music, acupressure and medication, he has helped even the most anxious patients achieve a healthy smile.
Sedation dentistry is a good choice for you if you have one of the following conditions:
- Generalized dental anxiety.
- Dental phobia (strong anxiety or fear about dental visits that may cause you to put off going to the dentist).
- A fear of dental procedures due to a bad dental experience you had in the past.
- A strong or overactive gag reflex.
- Back pain or neck problems that make sitting in a dentist chair uncomfortable or painful.
- A fear of needles.
- Anxiety, depression, PTSD, or any other related condition.
- You hate the sound of the drill, or the smells at the dentist.
- If you will need extensive dental work done, sedation is always a good choice.
If you would like to try sedation dentistry, turn to Boulder sedation dentist Dr. Gordon West. Dr. West has successfully performed over 1000 sedation-assisted dental procedures on patients just like you. He knows how to help patients relax, with and without medication. Contact his Lafayette CO sedation dentistry office today by calling the number above or by filling out the form to the right.visit our main Boulder dentist website today!