A New Way to Experience the Dentist’s Office
Do you have anxiety about going to the dentist? You’re not alone. One out of four Americans feels stressed or anxious about visiting the dentist for treatment.
An appointment with the dentist can be hard if you have dental anxiety, a memory of a bad experience at the dentist’s office, a strong gag reflex, sensitive teeth, or a dental phobia. For others, a sore neck or back problems can make sitting in a dentist chair uncomfortable and even painful. A long appointment can cause discomfort for anyone!
If you experience difficulty visiting the dentist, sedation dentistry can work for you. Boulder sedation dentist Dr. Gordon West has acquired a sedation dentistry program to help patients relax. A relaxed patient means a more productive and efficient treatment as well as a better recovery.
The reason we provide sedation dentistry for our patients is so you don’t put off going to the dentist because of dental anxiety and phobias. Untreated conditions can lead to severe dental problems such as destructive tooth decay, tooth loss, infections, root canals, chronic bad breath, and gum disease.
As a sedation dentist in Lafayette CO, Dr. West and our team want to create a comfortable, relaxing environment. Using a combination of music, acupressure, and medication, we can help our most anxious patients achieve a healthy smile.
How Sedation Dentistry Can Help
Sedation dentistry might be a good choice for you if you have one of the following conditions:
- Generalized dental anxiety.
- Dental phobia or a strong anxiety about dental visits that discourage you from scheduling dentist appointments.
- Fear of dental procedures due to a negative dental experience you had in the past.
- A strong or overactive gag reflex.
- Back pain or neck problems that can make sitting in a dentist chair uncomfortable or painful.
- A fear of needles.
- Anxiety, depression, PTSD, or any other related condition.
- The sound of the drill sets you on edge or the smell of a dentist’s office makes you feel uncomfortable.
- If you need extensive dental work done that requires a couple of hours or more in the dentist chair.
Any one of these conditions can make you reluctant to schedule an appointment, but we can help you overcome them so you can get proper dental care!
Come to Our Boulder County Smiles and Relax
If you would like to try sedation dentistry, come see our Boulder sedation dentist Dr. Gordon West. Dr. West has successfully performed over 1000 sedation-assisted dental procedures on patients just like you! We know how to help our patients relax— with and without medication.
Contact Us Today!
Contact our Lafayette CO sedation dentistry office today by calling the number above or by filling out the contact form. If you would like more information about all of the services provided by our team, feel free to visit our main Boulder dentist website today!