Solutions for Dental Phobia In Boulder
If you have fear about going to the dentist, you’re not alone. Studies show that one in four adults over the age of 24 experiences dental anxiety or dental phobia (a significant degree of fear about going to the dentist). A high percentage of children and teenagers also experience dental phobia.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, sedation dentistry may be right for you.
- You have dental anxiety or are afraid of dental visits.
- You have difficulty sleeping the night before a dental appointment.
- You have a fear of needles.
- You hate the smells or sounds at the dentist.
- You put off going to the dentist because of worry and stress.
- During dental visits, you may develop tension headaches, neck aches, and other signs of muscular tension.
- You may start to feel physically sick while in the waiting room.
- You may feel sick to your stomach, develop a migraine headache, or experience other signs of illness at the dentist.
- The thought of going to the dentist may make you feel like crying.
- You sometimes have nightmares about stressful dental situations.
- During a dental visit, you feel extremely stressed and anxious.
- At the dentist, you are short of breath or must force yourself to breathe normally.
- During dental visits, you may panic when instruments go into your mouth.
- During dental visits, you may suddenly find it hard to breathe.
- Dental visits may trigger anxiety attacks if you are susceptible to these.
- Memories of bad dental experiences may trigger symptoms similar to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Dental anxiety and dental phobia are real conditions that we take seriously. If you hate going to the dentist, dental sedation can make all the difference. Boulder sedation dentist Dr. Gordon West offers a full array of cosmetic and general dentistry services for even the most anxious patients.
If you have dental phobia, dental anxiety, or any of the symptoms listed above, contact our Lafayette CO office today and set up a sedation dentistry appointment with Dr. West, your dental sedation dentist in Boulder County. You will be amazed, as so many others have been, that you can be relaxed and comfortable during dental procedures even if you have high levels of dental anxiety.