Solutions for Dental Phobia In Boulder
If you have fear or anxiety about visiting the dentist, you’re not alone. Studies show that one in four adults over the age of 24 experiences dental anxiety or dental phobia, a problem that can keep you away from much needed dental care! A high percentage of children and teenagers also experience dental phobia and anxiety.
Signs You Might Benefit from Dental Sedation
If you experience any of the following symptoms, sedation dentistry may be right for you:
- You have dental anxiety that holds you back from seeing a dentist.
- You have difficulty sleeping the night before going to a dental appointment.
- You don’t like needles.
- You don’t like the smells or sounds at the dentist, especially drills.
- You put off going to the dentist because of how worried and stressed out you feel.
- You develop tension headaches, neck aches, and other muscle soreness while at the dentist.
- You start to feel physically sick in the waiting room or in the dentist chair.
- You develop a migraine headache or experience other signs of illness at the dentist.
- Thinking about going to the dentist literally makes you want to cry.
- You sometimes have nightmares about going to the dentist.
- During a dental visit, you feel more stressed and anxious than you would in a different situation.
- You have difficulty breathing while at the dentist or you hyperventilate.
- During dental visits, you panic when instruments go into your mouth.
- During dental visits, you suddenly find it hard to breathe.
- Dental visits may trigger anxiety attacks if you are already susceptible to attacks.
- Memories of unpleasant dental experiences trigger symptoms similar to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Dental anxiety and dental phobia are conditions that have a truly negative impact on your health. At Boulder County Smiles, we take your anxiety seriously. If you are afraid of going to the dentist, we want dental sedation to turn that around for you!
While you are here for one of our cosmetic and general dentistry services with Boulder sedation dentist Dr. Gordon West, we can use one of our sedation dentistry options to relieve your fear. With dental sedation, you can finally get the dental care you need!
Contact Us Today!
If you have dental phobia, dental anxiety, or any other symptoms listed above, contact our Lafayette CO office today to set up a sedation dentistry appointment with Dr. West.
Our team at Boulder County Smiles can help you get the treatment you need in a calm and comfortable atmosphere. You might be amazed and how easy it is to relax during dental procedures, even if you have high levels of dental anxiety.